Saturday, September 10, 2011

A New Look and a New Start


It has been a long while since I've blogged or even thought about blogging. Most of my interest in the adventure was spurred on by the inner turmoil of the ELCA. Though it continues for me, most of it has passed. There is a new church body (NALC) filled with old church friends and in the ELCA...well The Lutheran has announced the future as "Full Speed Ahead." This is the new reality within American Lutheranism and where this takes us no one yet knows.

I cannot help but wonder if now more than ever if we, meaning I, need to continue to reflect upon the Sacred Cross. It is my hopes that through this blog that will be accomplished. The cross will be the focus of my future posts and the man who hung upon that cursed tree.


Soul of Christ, sanctify me;
Body of Christ, save me;
Blood of Christ, refresh me;
Water from the side of Christ, wash me;
Passion of Christ, strengthen me;
O good Jesus, hear me;
Within Thy wounds hide me;
Suffer me not to be separated from Thee;
From the malicious enemy defend me;
In the hour of my death call me,
And bid me come to Thee
That with Thy saints I may praise Thee
For all eternity. Amen.

~Anima Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment